Aside from the aphids, I spotted a number of other creatures in the Arboretum last week. An American bullfrog was spread out lazily in the marsh waters.
Tag Archives: rhus chinensis
Spring has arrived early this year. The lilacs are in bloom. And most of the trees at the Arnold Arboretum have either bloomed or started to leaf out.
A few species still wait cautiously. Among those that have yet to wake:
- Ailanthus altissima — Tree of Heaven
- Albizia julibrissin — Silktree/Mimosa
- Catalpa ovata — Chinese Catalpa
- Fraxinus excelsior — European Ash
- Gymnocladus dioica — Kentucky Coffeetree
- Rhus chinensis — Chinese Sumac
- Robinia pseudoacacia — Black Locust