Due to a warm early spring this year, the peak bloom for most of the lilacs at the Arnold Arboretum was the weekend of April 21-22. However, over a month later, a few varieties are still in bloom (date of accession in parentheses):
- Syringa x prestoniae ‘Donald Wyman’ (1991) – Donald Wyman lilac
- Syringa x swegiflexa (1949) – Swegiflexa lilac
- Syringa sweginzowii (1977) – Chengtu lilac
- Syringa tomentella (1999) – Felty lilac
- Syringa villosa (1907) – Late lilac
- Syringa [Villosae group] ‘Mary C Bingham’ (1998) – Mary C Bingham lilac
While most of the tree lilacs are still budding out, the Amur tree lilac (Syringa reticulata var. mandshurica) has started blooming.